Friday, November 12, 2010

Examples of Reasoning

There are many different kinds of reasoning. In this post I will discuss the different kinds of reasoning and examples of each different type

Casual Reasoning
Premise 1:I came late to work
Premise 2:I didn’t have time to shave
Conclusion: I had large bread at work

Reasoning by criteria
My brother wants something fast and expensive for his birthday. I should get him a car.

Deductive
Premise 1: There are many cars to buy on this lot
Premise 2: There are Lamborghinis on the lot
Conclusion: Lamborghinis are one of the cars to buy on the lot

Inductive
Premise 1: Every Saturday cartoons come on the television
Premise 2: Today is Saturday
Conclusion: Today cartoons are coming on.

Reasoning by Example:
You should work out with me, my friend works out everyday and he is ripped

Reasoning by Analogy:
Andrew likes video games and plays video games
Brad likes video games
Brad will play video games

Sign Reasoning:
When its raining outside, it must be wet outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment